Dewey's Bakery Cafe Winston Salem

So I checked out this new cafe in town today, it used to be an old starbucks, but Dewey's a famous Winston Salem bakery since 1930 specializing in Moravian sugar cake, Grandma and Grandpa's coffee cake and lovefeast buns took it over. It Opened a month ago, its a wonderful pairing with the fresh baked goodies and coffee and fitted perfectly into the old store.
In my opinion the difference between this and a local starbucks is the fresh cookies, cakes breads baked fresh daily in town. Its very hard to find fresh baked cakes these days and you can really taste the difference, they also supply to Brew Nerds coffee. Also you can buy the famous Moravian cookies online. They are special at this time of year and wow there have so many flavors, like key lime pie, ginger, moravian spice, pumpkin spice, apple cider and many more. I brought a couple to take to my Grandma's in the UK.

Look at the displays reminds me of Europe.

Halloween decorated cookies, I had a bake tray cake with a pumpkin on it and a slice of butterscotch brownie, sorry no pictures as my baby was jumping on me as I was taking the picture!
Lovely aprons for us foodies, I always wear an apron as Indian cooking gets in your clothes!

Overall I like the place, but I think the staff are still trying to find their feet working in a coffee shop setting, they need to provide plates for folks sitting in and relax a little,

But the quality of the baking makes this place well worth the visit,

Harper Mill Common
At the intersection of Peacehaven and Country Club Road
Winston Salem





Comments