Picadillo or Cuban minced beef and an award!



After eating at Davids Cafe on our trip to Miami I was craving Cuban food, but have never made it before, so googled recipes and combined a few.
Here's my first picadillo or Cuban minced beef with rice, yummy we all enjoyed this one.

Ingredients:
  • one pack of lean beef
  • 1/2 red onion
  • 3 bay leaves
  • one tablespoon cumin powder
  • salt and pepper
  • 6 cloves of garlic
  • a little masala powder, I know not Cuban but couldn't resist!
  • 2 tablespoon tomato puree
  • ground almonds ( I used the coffee grinder!)
  • unfortunately I didn't have chopped olives but will add next time
Method:
  1. saute the onions in olive oil with crushed garlic for 5 minutes
  2. then add cumin powder, masala powder and mince/hamburger meat for saute for another 5 minutes
  3. add some water and tomato puree, bay leaves, almond, salt and pepper to taste, turn to low and simmer slowly for 30-45 minutes
Serve with rice and vegetables, I ate it with carrots and brusell sprouts not in the picture as not very Cuban he he.

Enjoy,

Oh and what's your favorite cuban dish and is it on your blog!

and finally I got another award today from Janice of Farmergirlskitchen, remember she did an amazing guest post for us on cranachan an authentic Scottish desert I love her blog it reminds me of home LOL

I wish to give her the friendship award in return, oh and pass it along to The Kitchen Witch a cool blog, and guess what she is also married to an Indian!

Love



Comments