My First Meatloaf: Columbian Inspired


I got some minced beef/hamburger meat from the store the other day and wondered what to make with it the only things I make are spaghetti bolognese or picadillo (thats a new addition!) I love the use of cumin in Cuban and Columbian meats. So I headed over to Erica's blog My Columbian Recipes I am a big fan and found a recipe for a Columbian meatloaf.

It looked fabulous, I made a few changes and cooked it in a covered casserole dish with a can of tomatoes to make a sauce. But this is for you Erica.

Also this was my first time making a meatloaf!, I ate it with the mac and cheese I made last week, great combo and very American (smiles!).

You will love this!

Ingredients:
  • one pack of lean beef
  • 1/2 red onion
  • one tablespoon cumin powder
  • one tablespoon dried parsley
  • 4 cloves of garlic
  • 2 boiled eggs
  • one beaten egg
  • 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
  • 1/4 green pepper
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • A little Italian herbs
  • one teaspoon of mustard
Method:
  1. Mix the beef with the herbs, beaten egg, salt and pepper, bread crumbs and then roll out over some cling wrap
  2. place the sliced boiled eggs and green pepper in the middle then roll up the sides to cover with the eggs inside
  3. gently remove the plastic wrap and place in a casserole dish with a can of tomato
  4. bake for 30-45 minutes at 350 degree's.


We all loved this, my hubby told me today to keep blogging as my cooking is getting better and I intend to ☺!


What is your favorite way to cook beef?
Love



Comments