Rebecca's Chicken Fricassee



So I got my first Le Creuset the other day they were on sale in Williams and Sonoma I am thrilled with it, the first day I roasted a chicken not just any chicken a little Poulet Rouge. All in all it was a success but a wee bit dry maybe I cooked it too long. You know its funny I can cook elaborate dishes but when it comes to simple roasts I am stuck!


So the next day I made chicken fricassee with the left over chicken, this was one of my favorite dishes as a kid.

Ingredients:

  • any amount of leftover roast chicken
  • 1 cup of milk
  • one tablespoon of all purpose flour
  • one tablespoon butter
  • a little Italian seasoning
  • 3 cloves of garlic
  • 1/4 of an eggplant chopped
  • 6 mushrooms chopped
  • one small yellow squash chopped
  • one small zucchini chopped
  • 1/4 green pepper chopped
  • 1/2 red onion chopped
  • a little white wine if desired
  • a handful of snap pea's
Method:

  1. heat some olive oil add the onion and garlic and saute for 3 minutes
  2. then add all the vegetables and saute for 10 minutes until cooked
  3. in a separate pan, head the butter slowly stir in the flour to make a roux then add the milk little by little stirring continuously, to make a white sauce, add some herbs
  4. then mix the sauce with the vegetables and the chicken.
We ate it with rice and steamed vegetables, would also be great with pasta.

What's your favorite recipe for left over chicken?



and finally our darling little Jasmine has started to walk!!! we are so proud



Bookmark and Share

Comments