Roast Beef and Yorkshire Puddings





On Sunday I made roast beef and yorkshire puddings, Its a tradition back home in the UK to have a roast dinner on Sunday's as a dietitian we always joke with folks that its the only day of the week folks eat their veggies, sad but it can be true.

So I roasted the beef with fresh herbs (rosemary, cloves, thyme, sage), garlic, a little red wine with carrots and potatoes all in all pretty good. But a wee bit dry, I did it at 300 for 2 hours, help me fellow food bloggers and foodies what did I do wrong?

But the Yorkshire puddings were lovely, small but good all the same, the best are made by my Grandma who hails from Yorkshire!

Ingredients:
  • about 2 cups of milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup of flour multi purpose flour
Method
  1. blend it all together until you get a pancake batter
  2. heat the oven to 400 needs to be nice and hot, add a little olive oil to the bottom of the muffin pan then fill with batter and add to the oven for 10-15 minutes.

Oh and as a little treat with a cup of tea the left over Yorkshire puddings are great with jam, or golden syrup!

Has anyone else had Yorkshire puddings?



Bookmark and Share

Comments