Chinese Fried Black Rice




I first saw black rice on Cottage Cozy, a sweet blog with an interior design and craft slant, I loved the look of it and when I found some online, I got some. I figured a cool way to eat it would be to make fried rice as the color contrast with the veggies would be cool. It is higher in iron and trace minerals than white rice and has a great nutty taste.

Ingredients:

  • one cup of black rice
  • 1/2 a yellow squash chopped
  • 1/2 a zucchini chopped
  • 1/2 red onion chopped
  • 2 tablespoon soy sauce
  • a little fish sauce
  • 3 cloves of chopped garlic
  • one teaspoon ground ginger
  • one tablespoon of Chinese five spice or to taste
  • 1/2 cup frozen peas
  • 2 eggs

Method:

  1. cook the rice and set to one side I used a rice cooker, but it will take longer to cook than white rice
  2. heat some canola oil and add garlic and ginger, onion and vegetable and stir fry for 5 min
  3. then add the egg and scramble into the mixture the fish sauce, spices and soy sauce, stir fry for another 5 minutes
  4. add the rice, I added a little white rice as well as I didn't have enough black.
  5. Enjoy!

Has anyone else tried this or had any other different types of rice?

 Hope you all have a wonderful Fathers Days with your Dads, My Dad is the best he is an inspiration to me 

Bookmark and Share

Comments