Chicken Cacciatore




I saw the following recipe on Madeline's Adaptations ramblings and recipes, a fun food blog based in Canada, I love tweeting with her as her parents are British he he and she cooks so well. 

Today was a big day for me as I sent 1/2 of the payment to the iPhone app developer to start the development of a Chow and Chatter recipe app, with money I have saved from blogging (for companies, I want to keep this blog relatively ad free, I even decided against open sky)

 I am excited about the project and really want to make something from my blog and its recipes, and I thought a recipe app would be cool. I hope you all agree and check it out when its launched.
 Love you all and again your comments and friendships mean the world to me. The last picture is Jasmine eating her first hot dog as you can see she liked it, my vegetarian mum in law wasn't so excited by her reaction but we all got a laugh out of it!



This was indeed a simple and super tasty recipe, and the chicken was wonderfully soft.

Ingredients:


  • 4 chicken thighs
  • one can of chopped tomatoes
  • 4 cloves of garlic chopped
  • some flour for coating the chicken
  • 1/2 a cup of white wine
  • one tablespoon of Italian herbs
  • one tablespoon of Parsley
  • 1/2 a red onion chopped
  • 1/4 cup of chopped fresh basil
  • 1/2 a cup of chicken stock
Method:

  1. heat some olive oil in a heavy bottomed pan then dip chicken in flour and brown, cook for 5-10 minutes and set to one side
  2. then saute the onions, garlic for 5 minutes add the wine and let it reduce down
  3. then add the chicken stock, tomatoes and chicken thighs, herbs and simmer for 30-40 minutes.
Its wonderful served with pasta, gnocchi and rice, well I would say almost anything!






Have a wonderful weekend all 

Love

Bookmark and Share

Comments