Spicy Tomato and Vegetable Rice




This is a simple and great way to Jazz up rice, my Mum in law made something similar while she was here and  I really liked the way she added the mint. I added less Indian recipes this time as most are in archives. I love eating a different countries food every day so you will see Indian, Chinese, Thai, Italian, British and so many more here. I hope you enjoy global food as much I do, I keep reading all your lovely blogs and learning new recipes to add to my repertoire :-)

What are your new favorite recipes you have learnt recently ?








Ingredients:

  • One cup of cooked rice
  • one small onion chopped
  • 3 cloves of chopped garlic
  • about 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
  • one tablespoon masala powder
  • one teaspoon garam masala powder
  • salt to taste
  • one cup frozen mixed vegetables 
  • a pinch of turmeric powder
Method:

  1. saute the onions and garlic in olive oil for 3 minutes
  2. add the vegetables and masala powders and for another 5 minutes until vegetables are cooked
  3. then add the rice and serve nice and easy
This makes a great packed lunch with a boiled egg or a quick meal.

Also just for fun I added a little Welcome Clip to give new visitors a wee intro to Chow and Chatter please let me know what you think and if you would edit in any way, I value your opinions :-)



Rebecca


Bookmark and Share

Comments