Avocado and Berry Salad



I made this lovely summer salad a while back with a wonderful Olive oil from California and decided it needed to be shared:-) The olive oil is handpicked, organic and unfiltered and one of the best I have ever tasted. I added avocado to the salad as these always remind me of California. America has some amazing food products. Living in North Carolina the vineyards are a wonderful change from tobacco farming and a joy to visit and now California is producing olive oil on par with Europe. 



Ingredients:

  • a handful of raspberries
  • a handful of blueberries
  • a generous drizzle of Chianello Italian Extra Virgin olive oil, it is unavailable at present, as the harvest for the year is over, I have got to know the owner she is delightful. They have a passion for olives and good food. Check their site in the new year for updates on the next harvest so you can get a bottle of this limited production beauty. 
  • one avocado sliced
  • 2 cups of mixed greens
  • about 10 cherry tomatoes
  • some balsamic vinegar 
  • parmesan cheese to garnish 
  • a little fresh lemon juice
Method:

  1. simply assemble the salad, then drizzle the olive oil and vinegar a little lemon juice over the top and enjoy
We still have some warm days ahead to enjoy some salads :-)





Have a wonderful weekend everyone

Tomorrow am me and Jasmine are visiting my local fire station with some other families, its 2 minutes up my street, they already know us as we always look at the fire trucks!





Bookmark and Share

Comments