Colombian-Style Spaghetti with Chicken


This was a recipe I saw on Erica's wonderful blog My Columbian Recipes that I bookmarked, it was easy to make and me and Jasmine really enjoyed it, flavorful but maybe needs a little more spice for me :-)



Ingredients:
  • desired about of spaghetti 
  • 1/2 cup frozen peas, I add this to everything he he as its Jasmines favorite veg!
  • 1/2 cup chicken stock
  • 5 chicken tenders grilled and chopped
  • olive oil
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 4 large tomatoes, diced
  • 1/2 cup red pepper, diced
  • 1/2 cup green pepper, diced
  • 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/4 teaspoon oregano
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Method:

  1. cook the chicken and keep to oneside
  2. saute the onions, garlic pepper and tomatoes in olive oil for 5 minutes 
  3. add the tomatoes and chicken stock, herbs and simmer to get a nice sauce then add the chicken
  4. serve over spaghetti cooked till al dente, Erica added cheese I wish I had lol








Bookmark and Share

Comments