Salmon Marinated in Grapefruit Juice






Yes you read it right, I marinated salmon in grapefruit juice and it really is a great way to cook salmon. I figured lemon is often paired with fish so why not grapefruit. I love grapefruit and Jasmine and I share one every morning with a little sugar on it. I also want to mention that I have Fernando De Valle a World  famous Opera singer on my radio show tomorrow at 5 pm talking about life as a world class artist and how to prevent diabetes. 


The coolest thing for me personally is that his publicist approached me asking if I would like to have him on the show :-), hope you can tune in

Ingredients:

  • 2 large wild Alaskan salmon steaks 
  • 4 large potatoes chopped
  • one bunch of spinach
  • 4 cloves of garlic
  • some olive oil
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • about 1/4 cup of grapefruit juice with a teaspoon of sugar and a few segments of grapefruit
  • tablespoon of butter and 1/4 cup milk to mash potatoes 
  • 1/4 chopped red onion
Method:

  1. soak salmon in olive oil, salt and pepper and grapefruit juice for a couple of hours
  2. then poach it in the oil and juice for about 10 minutes until cooked
  3. meanwhile saute fresh spinach with a little olive oil, garlic and red onion for 10 minutes
  4. boil potatoes and mash them
  5. serve and enjoy, go on don't be put of because its different it tastes great!




Has anyone else got any cool savory grapefruit dishes to share?



Bookmark and Share

Comments