Turkish Beef Meatballs


I have featured this recipe before but couldn't resist sharing again, it turned out so well the other day. I got the spice mix in Turkey but the key ingredients are - coriander, black pepper, cloves, bay leaves and wild thyme. I love picking up ingredients on our travels and learning new dishes, I even got a cookbook when in Turkey :-)
Enjoy, I love these :-)


Ingredients:

  • one pack of lean beef mince 
  • one small onion chopped
  • 1/2 a bunch of parsley chopped
  • one egg
  • 2 slices of bread crumbled
  • 2 tablespoons of meatball spice
  • a little salt
  • 4 cloves of garlic
  • one can of chopped tomatoes

Method:

  1. mix all of the ingredients together except the can of tomatoes
  2. heat some olive oil in a thick bottomed pan then add the meatballs and slowly cook for 10 minutes stirring all the time to brown evenly
  3. then add the tomatoes and reduce down to a simmer for 20-30 minutes





Finally the wonderful Kristy of My Little Space gave me the lovely blog award I love Kristy she is a great cook, especially bread, great Mum and fun member of the blogging community

and Victoria of Mission Food another sweetie and future star chef seriously trust me on this

Thanks ladies I want to share it with everyone - Love you all your comments and the friendships from blogging make my day :-)

Have a wonderful weekend all 



Bookmark and Share


Comments