Beef and Vegetable Soup

 

This soup is rather special if I do say myself, because I made my own stock!, for the first time. It was easy and cost effective. I found a big bag of beef bones at my local butcher for just $3 made it the day before and voila a tasty soup was born :-) The soup was inspired by both Mely's blog - Mexico in my Kitchen (she recently did a guest post) and Deb's blog Kahakai Kitchen 
Next time after making the stock I will make it a clear soup but the dietitian in me couldn't discard the veggies in it so blended it. 

So don't throw your Turkey bones away this thanksgiving - make stock!

 Beef and vegetable soup

The Stock -

slowly boil 4 beef bones with 2 chopped carrots, a large chopped onion, 4 cloves of garlic and turnip for 1-2 hours if you want a clear stock remove both bones and vegetables, allow to cook and skim of the fat


Ingredients:

  • one pack of stew beef 
  • one chopped onion
  • 4 cloves of chopped garlic 
  • one sprig of fresh rosemary
  • 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
  • salt and pepper to taste 
  • 2 large carrots chopped
  • 1/2 a turnip chopped 
  • a small pumpkin chopped
  • one cup frozen peas 
Method:

  1. brown the stew beef in olive oil, with the onion and garlic for 5 minutes
  2. then add the vegetables basically any you have on hand or what's in season
  3. add the stock from earlier and the herbs 
  4. simmer for 45-60 minutes and enjoy
Have a wonderful thanksgiving all, I am so thankful so far 126 chow and chatter recipe apps have been downloaded in 10 countries :-)

Love you all - reading your blogs, stories and your friendship make life so much fun :-)

God Bless 





Bookmark and Share

Comments