Crepes with Nutella and Orange


Pancakes or crepes make the best breakfast living in America fostered my love for pancakes at this mealtime.  I love to make them thin more like the French or Brits, they bring back memories of my Dad making them for us as kids and showing us how to flip them, or walking in the streets of Paris with a warm nutella one on a winters day.





 I made these the other day with nutella and fresh oranges slices from The Orange Shop  I have started to get monthly shipments of grapefruits and oranges from the grower in Florida, in fact I work for Pete doing his blog and twitter, he's a great person a third generation citrus farmer and just won an award for outstanding environmental stewardship!  In fact a shipment of fresh citrus would make a cool Christmas gift for foodies :-) (he didn't ask me to mention him by the way just thought I would as I think its cool)


Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend post thanksgiving spending deal with family, and getting deals in the shops. Shopping in the US after thanksgiving is a little too crazy for me though! the day after christmas - boxing day is the same in the UK. I am so looking forward to christmas as my parents are coming this year so we can make the big feast at our home :-) 

What are your favorite pancake/ crepe fillings?

Ingredients:

  • about 2 cups of all purpose flour
  • 1/2- 1 cup milk 
  • 2 eggs 
Method:

  1. whisk flour, eggs and milk together until you get a nice smooth consistency a little runny to make nice thin crepes, sometimes you may need to add a little more milk
  2. heat a pan and lightly cook on each side turn over and serve warm 


Another thing I love when making these is having leftovers, you can store in the fridge and when you feel peckish simply warm one up with a cup of tea!





Bookmark and Share

Comments