Mocha Spice Biscotti


I made this biscotti the other day was easy to make and had a wonderful seasonal taste in fact I took some to our adopted American families house for thanksgiving. I made biscotti over a year ago for the first time, and was reminded after chatting with my brothers friend on the chow and chatter facebook page about it.  As he mentioned he was going to make it from the chow and chatter recipe app!, he even told me he had made the Colombian style chicken for his girlfriend what a thrill to hear of the app being used. 

Its always so much fun to re visit recipes and make them better (this one will be on a future update for sure, and I am thinking about a pumpkin version!)



Ingredients: 
  • 1/2 cup canola oil 
  •  1 cup sugar
  •  3 cups all purpose flour
  •  1 tablespoon baking powder
  • a handful of almonds
  • 1/2 a teaspoon of allspice
  •  2 tablespoon of cocoa
  • dash of vanilla essence
  • one tablespoon freshly ground coffee 
  • one large egg


Method:

1. Preheat oven to 375 and grease cookie sheet
2. beat egg, oil and sugar together
3. slowly add in flour and baking powder , nuts, cocoa, vanilla essence, coffee beans and allspice and stir, it makes a thick and sticky mixture.
4. put on cookie sheet and press down to 1/2 inch thickness.
5. Bake for 25-30 min until golden brown, then remove and let it cool
6. slice the biscotti then bake for about 3 minutes on each side, in fact the word biscotti in Italian means twice baked :-)
7. enjoy



What's your favorite type of biscotti?

and the lovely Dimah gave an award, I am to say 7 things about myself and pass it along, but I will share with you all - as I love learning more about ya!

1. I am British
2. I can be a bit of a chatterbox!
3. I love dancing 
4. Love a good cup of tea
5. Adore traveling
6. I eat a little chocolate every day :-) portion controlled of course
7. I am a registered dietitian in the UK and the US

want to know more ask away!!!

Dimah - http://www.orangeblossomwater.net - The Versatile Blogger


Bookmark and Share

Comments