Indian Spicy Cabbage and Peas


I saw this recipe on Tanvi's blog Sinfully Spicy recently and knew I would love it, being married to an Indian I am always looking for more great Indian recipes and love quick ones 
(he he most curries are not :-))

This is a wonderful way to cook cabbage and its quick, perfect. 

Ingredients:


  • 1/2 a cabbage thinly chopped
  • a little canola oil
  • 1/2 cup frozen peas
  • 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
  • a few crushed coriander seeds
  • a few fenugreek seeds
  • pinch of red chili powder
  • 1/2 a teaspoon garam masala powder
  • salt to taste 
  • one tablespoon shredded coconut
Method:

  1. heat oil so hot add fenugreek seeds onions and brown a little for 3 minutes then add coriander seeds turmeric and cabbage and saute for 5 minutes to soften
  2. add peas and the garam masala, coconut salt and chili powder cover with a lid to steam for another 5 minutes and its done
This is a great spicy vegetable dish and definitely something I will make again.

Also be sure to tune in tonight - I am interviewing Nour @nourRD and Stephanie @bakingbarrister, hubby and me on different holiday traditions and foods, we will cover Ramadan, Eid, Hanukkah, Diwali and Christmas  and follow it with a tweet up chat on the topic #foodandtravel with my friend Terra @FoodSafetyLady




Bookmark and Share

Comments