Red Currant Madeleines


I made these madeleines last night for my parents arriving and they turned out so well I couldn't resist sharing them with you all. I added some fresh red currants it added a wonderful tart christmassy flavor. I am thrilled to report my parents made it, despite all the bad weather in the UK.


 They were pretty exhausted after the journey and tucked up in bed now. Its the best thing in the World to spend Christmas with family and to see little Jasmine running around showing everything to her Grandparents what a treat. My Mum also brought my Great Grandmothers tea cups with her, she got them for her wedding present nearly 100 years ago. Wow I love them and drinking tea out of them is so special :-) 

Ingredients:
  • 2 eggs
  • 75g sugar
  • pinch of salt
  • 90g flour (about a cup)
  • 3g of baking soda
  • grated zest 1/4 tangerine
  • a handful of red currants
  • 90g melted butter
  • one spoon of runny honey
  • a few drops of vanilla essence 
Method:
  1. melt the butter and keep it to one side
  2. whip the eggs with sugar and salt then slowly add the sifted flour and baking powder, tangerine rind and vanilla essence.
  3. Mix until smooth then add the melted butter and honey and leave to chill for one hour I left it in the fridge longer than normal and wow these babies got the best hump on them, as you add to madeline pan add a few red currants to the batter
  4. bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.






So going to shop for food and plan the Christmas menu :-)

Merry Christmas everyone

Much Love


Bookmark and Share

Comments