Thumbprint Cookies


So a couple of weeks ago I made my first thumbprint cookies, I know Americans will be surprised but in the UK cookies are not made as much as here, we are more of a cake nation. But America should be proud of its cookie making abilities I have so enjoyed all the blog posts on holiday traditions passed down through the generations. I got this simple recipe, simple is good for me ;-) from Amanda's Cookin she is a talented baker and also does amazing crafts and is a great voice in the blogging community.


Ingredients:
  • 3 3/4 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 1/3 cups unsalted butter, softened (not melted)
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup orange juice
  • 1 egg yolk
  • a dash of vanilla
Method:

  1. combine all ingredients and refrigerate for one hour
  2. then take out and add little balls to a cookie sheet (Amanda used a cookie scoop didn't even know they existed he he)
  3. use to thumb to make an imprint bake at 375 for 10 minutes 
  4. then remove add fillings of your choice, I used strawberry jam and lemon curd and bake for a further 5-7 minutes
I was surprised at the amount of butter in here thats the dietitian in me and they seemed a little greasy but after they cool, it keeps them soft and moist :-)

Go ahead help yourself :-) 

Hugs Rebecca






Bookmark and Share

Comments