Polenta Crusted Green Tomatoes



So I am still waiting for my tomatoes to change from green to red, not sure if they will :-), I added a picture of them to the chow and chatter facebook page and a few folks suggested I made fried green tomatoes with them. I live in the US South, Winston Salem NC and have eaten them at restaurants and thought why not. Since I am a tad chicken with frying foods don't like the hot oil I decided to grill them, and they actually turned out pretty good. 


Ingredients:

  • one large egg beaten 

  • salt and pepper

  • about 2 tablespoon all purpose flour

  • 2 tablespoon polenta 

  • 2 medium green tomatoes 

  • 1/4 cup milk

Method:

  1. beat egg and milk together

  2. mix the flour with polenta and add salt and pepper

  3. dip sliced green tomato in egg and milk then in polenta and flour 

  4. use an indoor grill double sided and grill for 8-10 minutes 

I ate mine with a salad


On the subject of waiting we are still waiting for our little guy to arrive, all good things comes to those who wait :-)










Bookmark and Share

Comments