Simple Meringue with Fruit




I adore meringue simple to make, sweet, crisp and can be a little gooey in the middle. One of the dishes I really wish I had eaten in Australia was pavlova, often regarded as its national dessert. 
This summer treat is a cheats version :-), simply make some meringues and eat with a good ice cream and fresh fruit. 




Ingredients:


  • 2 egg whites 

  • 4 oz of caster sugar 

  • 1 oz of granulated sugar

Method:

  1. add baking paper to a large cookie sheet

  2. add egg whites to a large bowl and beat until thick

  3. slowly adding in sugar until it stands in peaks, takes about 10-15 minutes 

  4. pipe about 14 ovals onto the baking paper or simple add with a spoon like I did

  5. bake at 225 degrees for one hour 

  6. transfer to a wire cooling tray to cool

still waiting for little guys arrival official due date is wednesday :)

Got to celebrate hubby's birthday on Saturday and Jasmines third birthday today we just hung out at the park with her friends and had cupcakes, she had a ball. We plan to do a party in a couple of weeks when my parents are here. So my Dads birthday is Wednesday and my Brothers on the 30th he may still be born on a family birthday he he but I want him to have his own special day :-)

hope your all well

Hugs 


Bookmark and Share

Comments