Cake to Celebrate :-)


I made this Victoria sandwich a couple of weeks ago for a late birthday cake for hubby and Jasmine, since the little guy hadn't arrived I decided why not. In fact it was enjoyed with my brother in law and sister in law visiting from Nebraska it must have been good as it was polished of in one day he he, as a baker this makes you very happy. 


Baby Roshan is one week old today and what a week its been it was hard being late, then a long labor and c section, but the body is amazing at healing itself and I am getting back to normal slowly. Its been such a blessing having Mum and Dad here to help I don't think I could have done it without them especially grateful to Mum for caring for Jasmine while I was in labor then in the hospital. Little Roshan is amazing feeding and growing well, content and gorgeous. Breast feeding was hard for a few days but to all new mums stick with it, gets better :-) 

My Dad built me a flower bed for a garden today very exciting and they have been doing odd jobs around the house they are so good at this unlike me and hubby :-)

Here's a slice of cake for you all, will pop and visit your lovely blogs as able but as you know I am a  little busy right now in a lovely way :-)


Ingredients
  • 6 oz of self raising flour
  • 6 oz of butter and another 2-3 oz to make butter icing 
  • 3 small eggs
  • 6 oz of sugar


Method:
  1. cream the butter and sugar add the eggs
  2. then mix in the flour little by little
  3. bake in the oven at 350 for 25 minutes
  4. when cool, fill with butter icing (butter mixed with confectioners sugar) and jam.
  5. enjoy with a nice cup of tea






adore this picture, of brother and sister :-)



Bookmark and Share

Comments