Golden Raisin Tarts


When I was growing up one of my favorite desserts my Mum would make was treacle tart, a tart lined with golden syrup (pure cane syrup from the UK and can be found in a lot of US grocery stores), mixed with bread crumbs and baked - gooey sweet and so good. 

I found these lovely golden raisins and decided to make mini tarts with golden syrup and raisins, they turned out great. I gave most of them away as I don't need to eat them as trying to lose weight after the little guy arrived. I am just having the best fun inventing baked goodies, endless possibilities.




Ingredients:

  • 8 oz flour
  • pinch of salt
  • 4 oz butter
  • cold water to mix about 2 tablespoon 
  • 1/2 cup golden raisins 
  • 1/2 cup white bread crumbs 
  • 1/2 - 1 cup golden syrup enough to coast raisins and bread crumbs
Method: 

  1. sift flour and salt into a bowl
  2. mix in butter by hand until it resembles fine bread crumbs 
  3. add cold water until it forms a paste 
  4. roll out to and link a muffin pan
  5. fill with the raisin, bread crumb and golden syrup mixture and add a little criss-cross of pastry over the mini tarts 
  6. bake at 400F  for 20 minutes or until pastry is golden.







Is there a fun food item you are having fun experimenting with at the moment?



Bookmark and Share

Comments