Baked Egg with Spinach and Tomato




I am hooked on baked eggs, they are so good can't believe it was taken me this long to make them. I think I read about them on a blog and went to bed thinking about them, I remember reading something along the lines of the eggs, bake while the coffee brews :-) 

So I got up that Sunday morning on a mission to make them this recipe is inspired from the BBC good food site. Its easy to do and really makes breakfast special. It's also good for brunch or even lunch, I made a mushroom one the other day!, its funny as when I shared the picture on the chow and chatter facebook page Erin commented that I am hooked, she's right :-)


Ingredients:

  • 2 eggs or how ever many you would like
  • ramekins, I am also told they can be made in a muffin pan
  • one cup of spinach
  • 2 cloves of chopped garlic
  • olive oil
  • one tablespoon of butter
  • 5 cherry tomatoes chopped
Method:

  1. saute the spinach in olive oil with the garlic until cooked
  2. add a little butter to the bottom of the ramekin and add the spinach and a couple of chopped tomatoes
  3. break the egg into the ramekin with a little butter on the top
  4. and bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes until cooked with the egg yolk slightly runny for dipping :-)
  5. enjoy straight away with hot toast and coffee


Is there a new recipe your hooked on at the moment?


Bookmark and Share

Comments