Banana's and Custard


Reading The Guardian food section got me again recently with this post on how to make the perfect custard. My Dad loves his custard and always uses a can of Birds Custard, he proudly makes the paste and carefully stirs to create his signature thick custard to eat with crumbles, pies and steamed puddings, very British. 

After reading this I just had to make custard from scratch with egg yolk, it seemed so easy, did you know Birds custard was invested by Mr Bird because his wife had an egg allergy its just coloring, sugar and corn starch. So a from scratch rich custard sauce was needed to fix my craving.



Ingredients 

  • One cup of milk
  • a few drops of vanilla essence, I will use a vanilla pod next time 
  • 2 egg yolks
  • 1 tbsp caster sugar
  • 1/2 tbsp cornflour


1. Add milk to a pan with the vanilla on a medium heat, stir without letting it boil. 

2. Meanwhile, beat egg yolks with sugar and cornflour together in a bowl.

3. Add yolks, sugar and corn flour mixture into the milk, continue to stir until it thickens and it coats the back of your wooden spoon will take about 10 minutes.

4. Enjoy 



I ate the custard with chopped banana a very British dessert so good. 

Have a great weekend everyone, exciting one for us my brother in Law who lives in Omaha is coming and my sister in law and her hubby from the UK tomorrow. It will be the first time for them meeting Roshan. We plan to take them to Charleston for a couple of days next week, as its one of my favorite towns in America ;-) 










Bookmark and Share
Pin It

Comments