Chai Smoked Salmon


I have to say my favorite Food Section is The Guardian I always seem to get so inspired and cook from it and I tweet with a couple of the writers, lovely folks. This article about a smoked salmon dish with greens and poached egg in a pub, got my attention as I have been wanting to try home smoking and it sounded so easy. So I made chai smoked salmon it was so good. But the only draw back to making it is the fact it makes the house smell :-) I bet you could do on a grill outside. 



Simply get an old broiler pan, line with foil, add about a cup of rice and a cup of tea I used Chai, place on a medium heat and allow it to smoke

place raw salmon or any fish on top cover with foil and smoke for 2 minutes. Remove fish and keep in fridge until ready to eat. Then bake in oven at 300 for 7-10 minutes till pink. 

I served with brown rice and okra. I admit though my three year old was not impressed with this meal, maybe a little of an adult taste, she ended up with cheese and ham, aww well can't win them all.



Me and my amazing kids at Jasmine's little spring party at her pre school. 

 Look forward to reading your blogs, sorry if I don't get to all of them like I used to but the picture above explains the reason why :-) 


Have a wonderful start to the week all

Comments