Date Rice Pudding



I love rice pudding its a great British comfort to me. I made this one a day Jasmine was sick as all I needed to do was add the rice, chopped dates, sugar and milk and bake and voila a tasty treat. I love using dates in desserts. You may remember my date shake recently :-)



Ingredients:

  • one cup of arborio rice, the same type you use to make risotto
  • 2 cups of milk, and you may need to add a little more along the way as needed and to reach your desired consistency. 
  • 4 chopped dates
  • about 2 tablespoon of sugar
Method:

  1. add the rice, milk, dates and sugar to an oven proof dish and bake at 300 for one hour 
  2. check from time to time and add extra milk if it gets dry.
  3. it will also be great with nutmeg added or cardamon. 

Hope your all having a good week, I had a wonderful evening celebrating National Nutrition Month with fellow dietitians in Winston Salem, we sipped wine and had a fun nutrition related quiz I even tweeted some of the questions and got some responses :-). If you tweet the hashtag is #NNM - National Nutrition Month

Hugs



Bookmark and Share
Pin It

Comments