Oatmeal Pancakes


I adore pancakes for breakfast and these oatmeal pancakes are truly a gem,  I was inspired by a recipe in the LA Times Food section, another Newspaper I enjoy especially their cooking tips video tutorials. You grind oatmeal in a grinder and add to pancake mix, I used a coffee grinder and the really good thing is you get whole grain cereal :-) 



Ingredients:

makes about 6 small pancakes
  • one cup of ground oats
  • one cup of self raising flour
  • about a cup of milk or enough to make a nice batter
  • one egg 
Method:
  1. grind the oats and mix with the flour
  2. add the egg and milk and use a hand blender to mix into a batter 
  3. heat a hot pan with a little canola oil and cook, they make nice fluffy pancakes
  4. perfect with maple syrup and fresh fruit 



Have a wonderful weekend everyone :-)



my froggie sous chef 









Bookmark and Share
Pin It

Comments