Cherry and White Balsamic Salad



This is a delightful salad, inspired by a great article in The Washington Post about Cherries and it paired with my wee jar of white balsamic vinegar I got in Italy perfectly. I got the vinegar in a cute little artisan food store next to Lake Garda, the owner was eager to educate me on the aged Modena vinegars and hoped I would buy but at 150 Euros not this time, although it is a divine and artisan product for sure. 


He did mention that a great everyday vinegar for salads, was the white balsamic made from white grapes and what a lovely one it is. Funny I was on twitter the other day and and @EviesGran remarked that my salad of watermelon and cucumber I tweeted must be American as in the UK we don't add fruit. I have lived in the US now 8 years and love how American's use fruit in salad but I must say it is catching on across the pond as I recently saw a strawberry salad in The Guardian. Do you like to add fruit to your salad?

Ingredients:

per plate
  • handful of sweet cherries, pitted
  • a handful of salad greens
  • a dash of olive oil
  • a dash of white balsamic 
Method:

  1. simple assemble this simple and seasonal salad and enjoy :-)





Its so much fun to bring food items back from a trip as it allows us to relive wonderful memories through food. 


what creative cherry recipes do you have up your sleeve? 



Bookmark and Share
Pin It

Comments