Roasted Cinnamon Maple Pumpkin Seeds




Like the rest of America I have been using the wonderful pumpkins we have available right now I made soup last week and kept the seeds. I cleaned them well allowed to dry out then roasted them. The seeds are a wonderful source of Protein, Magnesium and Zinc so when you carve your pumpkin be sure to keep them.  Its also a great idea to cook up some pumpkins make puree and freeze, some folks on the chow and chatter facebook page mentioned that they do this. 

Ingredients:

  • one cup of pumpkin seeds 
  • 2 tablespoon of maple syrup
  • 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon 
Method:

  1. scoop the seeds from the pumpkin wash well and dry on paper towels
  2. coat in maple syrup and cinnamon and roast at 350 for about 20 -25 minutes on parchment paper until crispy the maple syrup will caramelize
  3. keep checking cooking times may vary
I will admit they were a tad chewy,  I read that if you remove the outer layer its better, anyone got any tips for me ?



my darling wee girl holding them :-) 


Have a great weekend everyone 

Hugs 


Bookmark and Share
Pin It

Comments