Nasi Goreng (Indonesian Fried Rice)





I made this Indonesian fried rice recently I really enjoyed it, was easy to make and had a nice kick to it. I based it on a Saveur recipe and an email from Jakarta via twitter from @dapurkutoday I love the food blogging and facebook, twitter community to connect with folks around the world, pull up a virtual chair at the table and share recipes its magic.




Ingredients:

for 3
  • a small handful of dried shrimp, or dried shrimp paste but I didn't have this
  • 1 tbsp. dark brown sugar
  • 2 shallots, roughly chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, chopped
  • one small dried red chili or more to taste
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup of cooked rice
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce 



Method:

1. saute the shrimp, in a little canola oil, with the chili, shallots, garlic and brown sugar for about 3- 5 minutes and grind into a paste

2. add the cooked rice (I added some frozen peas to my rice as it was cooking) to the paste, with the soy sauce

3. Meanwhile fry 3 eggs leaving the yolk to be a little runny

4. serve the rice with a fried egg on top. 




I enjoyed this dish and so did the hubby although he wanted it a little more spicy. The kids weren't sure at all and I remember having to quickly boil pasta and vegetables for them. The darker nights are starting and am struggling to get those good shots in the natural light so some of my pictures will be so so. Is it just me or at times I am sure we feel the pressure to have perfect food blogs, with pucker pictures and amazing story telling :-), I say be yourself and have fun with it. I don't think I will ever try to make chow and chatter a business, although I have done social media work after learning blogging as it may become a chore. I also have no advertisements as I feel it can be distracting I don't do product reviews or links but thats just my choice. What are your thoughts?

Have a great start to the week 

hugs 


It was my birthday yesterday and the kids and hubby got me these wonderful flowers, in the evening we went to see Skyfall, overall great movie and fun to see an adult movie although we use a sitter so rarely all we could think about the whole time were the kids :-) 





Bookmark and Share
Pin It

Comments