Pomegranate and Brie Salad


I made this simple salad recently with pomegranate and Brie, it worked surprising well with the homegrown lettuce and arugula and a little white balsamic and sumac. I took this picture on a rug I got for our boys room it has a world map on it. I felt this was a fusion of east and west so couldn't resist the snap! 

Pomegranates are an excellent source of fiber, vitamins C and K, and a good source of potassium, folate, and copper. The juice is made into molasses, sauces and I had the good fortune of trying pomegranate Turkish delight. Pomegranate have about 600-800 seeds and can be tricky to get at.

I tend to get the seeds out and store in the fridge for a couple of days then add to salads, on top of my morning cereal or over Greek Yogurt.



Ingredients:
 for one 
  • a handful of greens
  • one tablespoon of pomegranate seeds
  • 4 slices of brie
  • a pinch of sumac
  • a dash of white balsamic vinegar 
Method:

  1. simple add lettuce and then top with brie and pomegranate
  2. add balsamic and sumac
  3. enjoy 




What's your favorite way to use Pomegranate? 



Bookmark and Share
Pin It

Comments