Homemade Granola


I made this granola recently with the kids, hubby loves granola so one evening we whipped this up for a fun surprise for him when he got home from work. I didn't realize how easy granola was to make until I tried and I feel its an item that can be over priced. It also lends itself to adding lots of healthy nuts and grains and endless flavor combinations. 


Granola 

Ingredients:



  • One cup oats 
  • 1 tablespoon sugar 
  • 2 tablespoon honey 
  • 1/4 cup walnuts 
  • 1/4 cup almonds 
  • 2 tablespoon shredded coconut 
  • 1/2 teaspoon all spice 
  • 1 tablespoon heated canola oil 40 sec in microwave 
  • 1 teaspoon hot cocoa 
  • 2 tablespoon sunflower seeds 
  • 2 tablespoon raisins 
Method:
  1. heat the oil a little and keep to one side
  2. mix all the ingredients together in a big bowl with the oil
  3. spread on grease proof paper 
  4. bake at 350 for 10 minutes until golden brown
  5. allow to cool and enjoy 
I really loved this over Greek yogurt with fruit.





Have a lovely weekend all, remember to enjoy the small things, we sat out and watched the fire flies this evening. I think they are one of my favorite things about living in the South I didn't grow up with them in the UK. One of the comments on my post snap shots from England really resonated with me, stating that it sounds like I have two homes. I love it - from now on I am going to change my view point rather than missing the UK so much I am going to smile and feel very blessed to have two very special places to call home. 

Hugs to all 

Bookmark and Share

Comments