Ham and Cheese Galettes and Awards


Galette also known as buckwheat crepes, are famous in the Western Region of France namely Brittany, they make a great easy to prepare snack, and often times were taken into the fields by the farmers. The list of fillings are endless, from ham and cheese, salmon, chicken, you can get very creative with them. Buckwheat is dark in appearance it is a rich source of protein, fiber and magnesium. It is also very filling. With the addition of the cheese and ham, you are getting protein and calcium.

We enjoyed these in a little place in Nantes and ate one too many ☺, has it was hailing outside!, I got some flour to make them at home, but I guess regular buckwheat flour will work just fine,

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup of buckwheat flour
  • one egg
  • ½ a cup of milk
  • 2 slices of ham
  • one slice of cheese

Method

  1. mix the flour egg and milk together with a hand blender or a whisk
  2. heat a pan add a little olive oil, and cook like a pancake then add the ham and cheese
  3. let it start to melt and fold the crepe around it.

French Flour, we actually bought another bag before flying and I got this, Jams, and coffee!

mix it up!
Cook only on one side and then add your fillings

These are yummy, and really filling makes a great breakfast, lunch or snack, good anytime!

Finally the lovely Chaya of Sweet and Savory says it all gave me an award I wish to give her a friends award
also Bella of LaBellaVita gave me this one:

You have to list the reason's why you love blogging:
  • Its fun
  • I love sharing recipes, both old and new
  • sharing my ups and downs in the kitchen and gaining support and inspiration from you
  • I also love giving nuggets of health advice from the latest research I come across in a very easy to understand way.
  • sharing life and travel with you all, its wonderful to make foodie friends around the globe!
I will to pass it along to everyone, feel free to post on why you love blogging, I appreciate everyone of chow and chatters readers, your following and comments make my days bright and sunny!

Love



Comments