Istanbul Eats

Here are a few food snaps of food around this vibrant and friendly city-



Fresh fish outside a restaurant




Traditional milk pudding




Macarons at a bakery




Fresh orange juice




Fresh fish sandwich we have had quite a few!!




Turkish coffee





A yogurt drink very popular here you will often see business men sipping this at lunch




Baklava oh wow I love this!!





Lambs heads now this is not for me I was speaking to an American who lives here so said the cheeks are good they also eat the brain!! And make a kebab with organ meats wrapped around the intestines it's good to use all the whole animal though I guess




Fruit stalls

busy street, there are so many cafes here




Ladies making traditional flat bread




Cakes !




Fruit growing outside balcony I like this tastes and looks like a white raspberry sold in the streets




Yummy bread




Roasted corn




Icecream




Love from Istanbul

back to the UK Monday to see Great Grandma and Granddad and Grandma and Grandad, Aunties and Uncles and attend a lovely University friends wedding.

I plan to make a Turkish meal for my family, wish me luck!

spices and cookbook are packed ! with Turkish delights and apple tea!

Also I am planning a Turkish spice giveaway for Chow and Chatter Readers with Sumac (a salad spice) and Fish Spice, watch this space

from my iPhone

Comments