Pancetta, Leek and Pea Risotto


I just love risotto and I want to thank food blogging for motivating me to make it, thats the wonderful thing about blogging. In fact Terra from Cafe Terra was talking about how easy pumpkin is to make on twitter the other day. So while taking cute snaps of Jasmine and her little buddy at the pumpkin stand I got one to eat not just for the front steps! I got a New Zealand winter squash, its a little cute purple/blue one. I made cous cous and added it and a pumpkin soup today, recipes to follow.......




So onto a simple and tasty risotto, oh I bet pumpkin would be great, maybe that will be my next pumpkin recipe!...


Ingredients:
  • one small pack of pancetta, thinly sliced
  • 2 small leeks thinly sliced
  • two cups of vegetable stock
  • 4 cloves of garlic chopped
  • 1/2 red onion chopped
  • 1/4 cup of white wine
  • 2 cups of water
  • one cup of Arborio Rice
  • one cup frozen peas


Method:
  1. saute the onion and garlic in olive oil
  2. then add the pancetta and leek for 3 minutes
  3. add rice and peas and the wine and stir keep stirring the rice as the water evaporates then add another cup, stir then add the final cup this takes about 30-45 min

This funny picture is my feet in the leaves, we were walking the other day and had so much fun jumping in them and kicking them I thought we all needed a reminder :-)

So if you haven't jumped in leaves for a while find a tree lined area and have fun!




Bookmark and Share

Comments