Spicy Cod over Pumpkin Infused Cous Cous


The other day at the pumpkin patch I got a little New Zealand winter squash not really sure what to do with it :-) I cut it in half and baked it. I wanted fish that night and found a nice spicy cod recipe on Jamie Oliver's recipe app (since I am launching my own I figured I have to test drive some!) I had some Israeli cous cous on hand so I figured why not add the pumpkin to it. It was super easy to prepare lovely flavor and packed with beta carotene, folate, vitamin C and iron.




Spicy Cod over Pumpkin Infused Cous Cous

Inspired by Jamie Oliver :-)


Ingredients:

  • half a roasted Zealand Winter Squash - I roasted with a little olive oil, salt and pepper at 350 for 45 minutes or until soft
  • 1/2 a red onion chopped
  • 4 cloves of garlic
  • 3 chopped tomatoes
  • 2 pieces of cod
  • 2 chili peppers
  • 1/2 a cup of finely chopped parsley
  • a pinch of smoked paprika
  • one pack of cous cous 
Method:

  1. saute the onion and garlic for 5 minutes 
  2. add the tomatoes and reduce down to a sauce 
  3. add the cod, chili, parsley and paprika and cover poach for about 10 minutes until soft 
  4. meanwhile cook the cous cous the Israeli one or pearl cous cous needs to be boiled for about 8-10 minutes, while its boiling add the pumpkin then allow it to sit for a few minutes 
  5. serve the fish and sauce over the cous cous and enjoy



What are you going to cook with your pumpkin this year?


 finally the super sweet and talented Alisha from The Ardent Epicure  gave me the lovely blog award, thanks so much, its always lovely to get awards from other bloggers and its a privilege to be part of the community 



Bookmark and Share

Comments