Salvadorian Chicken


On our way back to the airport in Florida last week we drove past a Salvadorian restaurant we stopped turned around and went inside. It didn't look like much a small restaurant but as lunchtime came around it sure filled up. I had a chicken dish in a tomato sauce with tortilla and plantains, I asked the girl how it was cooked. I returned home shopped and the next day re created the dish while I still had the taste in my mouth :-), its easy to make and super tasty. I am so happy to add another countries food to my repertoire and definitely will be adding this recipe to the first chow and chatter recipe app update :-)

Ingredients:

  • one pack of chicken tenders 
  • 1/2 a green pepper and 1/2 a red pepper sliced
  • 1/2 a red onion sliced
  • 4 cloves of garlic
  • 2 tablespoon of oregano
  • 10  tomatoes chopped
  • olive oil
  • salt
Method:

  1. grill the chicken, onions and peppers and keep to one side
  2. heat olive oil and saute onion, garlic for 5 minutes 
  3. add tomatoes and simmer for 15 minutes to make a sauce
  4. add salt to taste and the chicken and peppers with oregano
  5. I served with rice and sliced avocado 
  6. enjoy :-)
Be sure to tune in to Chow and Chatter Blogtalk radio friday as I chat with Daniel Sloan my app developer to discuss how apps are made and the making of the chow and chatter app,  email me with questions or call in to the show to ask :-)





Hugs


Bookmark and Share

Comments