Hubby has been asking for more soups lately so being a good little wifey I have been making them, love them this time of year and makes a change for lunch. I got this simple and super tasty recipe from the Sweet Ann's blog Anncoo Journal. I made a couple of tweaks, added 5 spice and mushrooms and peas you know how our little one likes them :-)
Ingredients:
- 1 Large egg (beaten)
- 2 Tomatoes, chopped
- one teaspoon of five spice powder
- 10 raw shrimp
- one teaspoon ginger/garlic paste
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- a dash of fish sauce
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 5 sliced mushrooms
Method:
- heat a little canola oil in a wok on high, add ginger/garlic paste, five spice and tomato and let it reduce down to a paste
- add stock, fish sauce, peas, mushrooms and simmer for 10 minutes with lid on
- Add in prawns and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Beat egg and pour in as the soup is boiling stirring it as you add
- season with fresh pepper and sliced spring onion
- enjoy