Pumpkin grits



I had some leftover sausages cooked with vegetables I often serve over polenta, but for a change I thought I would add pumpkin to grits to have with it. It was easy to make and so good, and I love the idea of adding an extra vegetable to my meal. 



Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup of grits
  • 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup of milk
  • a knob of butter
  • 1/4 of a can of pumpkin puree or cooked fresh pumpkin
  • a pinch of salt
Method:

  1. add the grits to a pan with the water and milk, bring to a boil
  2. turn to medium heat, add butter and pumpkin 
  3. simmer and stir for 5 minutes until soft 
  4. a little salt to taste and water if needed
  5. serve
  6. would also make a fun breakfast 


In Nice at the moment landed today such a beautiful place, and enjoyed a home cooked meal on the balcony :-), the week in the UK was loads of fun went by like a flash seeing family and traveling from here to there, will add a blog post tomorrow I have wifi again :-) 

love to all 

 Rebecca

Comments