Berry and White Chocolate Risotto


I adore making risotto and have made quite a few on here for example pancetta, leek and pea, maitake and crab risotto  I got the Maitake once when my parents were visiting as I thought what a cool looking mushroom my Dad was game my Mum not so much. 

Another one I love is Heirloom tomato and squash this one had a great color. I made something similar to this with zucchini and eggplant from the garden the other day and since I would be standing at the stove for a while and I had hubby on kid watching duty :-) I thought I would have fun and make a sweet one. 
I used blueberries and strawberries and white chocolate with vanilla in it. This made a lovely dessert and no sugar was needed with the berries.



Ingredients:

  • one cup of arborio rice 
  • about 2-3 cups of water 
  • one cup of chopped strawberries 
  • 1/2 a cup of blueberries
  • 1/2 a pack of Green and Blacks white vanilla chocolate with a little left for garnish 
Method:

  1. add the rice with the berries on a low heat then slowly add water little by little 
  2. stir as the water reduces and add as it sticks keep stirring it will take a good 20-25 minutes to cook, near the end slowly mix in the white chocolate it will melt nicely
  3. garnish with berries and grated chocolate 
  4. enjoy 


Doesn't it look pretty :-) 



The next few weeks will be exciting for us, we are going on a trip to NYC this weekend (with a few tweet ups) then on to Iceland with another family and will celebrate our baby boys first birthday there. We booked a place in the country on a horse farm :-) will be memorable for sure. I will tweet and add pictures, blog as able hope you can join us in spirit.

Much love



Bookmark and Share
Pin It

Comments