Rebecca's Spaghetti and Meatballs


I adore meatballs, such a comfort food as are all pasta dishes to me, I remember making you all laugh with the amount of times I made lasagna while pregnant! 
These are easy to make and great for leftovers as busy folks we all need a day of from cooking and enjoy leftovers:-)



Ingredients:

  • one pack of lean minced beef/ hamburger meat
  • 1/2 a red onion chopped
  • 4 cloves of chopped garlic
  • a handful of fresh basil chopped
  • a handful of fresh oregano chopped
  • salt and pepper to taste 
  • one can of chopped tomatoes
  • 1/2 a small can of tomato paste 
  • one egg
  • 1/4 cup of bread crumbs 
  • 1/2 a pack of spaghetti
  • one teaspoon of Italian herbs 
Method:

  1. mix the meat with an egg, onion, bread crumbs, garlic and herbs 
  2. then form small balls and slowly saute them in olive oil, turning as not to burn on a low to medium heat cook them till they are 3/4 cooked about 10-15 minutes 
  3. then add the can of tomatoes, salt and pepper and slowly mix in desired amount of tomato paste to get a think tomato sauce and simmer for a further 10 min
  4. serve with al dente spaghetti and a side salad
If you look closely there are peas in my spaghetti as a dietitian I always throw frozen vegetables in with pasta :-) just can't help myself.



Have a wonderful weekend everyone

hugs



Bookmark and Share
Pin It

Comments