Dublin Coddle


I had some bratwurst recently and googled recipes using them as I wanted something different and stumbled on this a Dublin Coddle, its a simple one dish meal and great for cooler weather. Its also great to make extra to have leftovers. I think this is the first Irish meal I have cooked ;-) got to love cooking firsts. 



Ingredients:

  • 3 medium potatoes thinly sliced 
  • 2 rasher's of bacon
  • 4 bratwurst sliced
  • 2 cups of vegetable stock 
  • one cup of water
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 large carrots chopped
  • 1/2 red onion chopped
Method:


  1. cut the bacon into small pieces, saute with the onion for a few minutes
  2. then add the sliced sausage and brown slightly
  3. layer the potato and carrot on top
  4. add the stock, water and salt and pepper
  5. and turn to a simmer for about 45 minutes checking that there is enough water. 
  6. I like to have this like a soup





broccoli from my garden we had some for Christmas dinner :)


Had to share this one, every time I cook the kids do too, I must put pans, spoons and toy food back a few times a day. Its adorable though. 


Have a wonderful New years everyone and all the best for 2013, may it be filled with adventure and laughter







Bookmark and Share
Pin It

Comments