Pomegranate Tabbouleh



I adore Middle Eastern food and my hubby jokes we should go live there for a few years so I can get my fill :-). Tabbouleh is a wondefully healthy salad, that is easy to put together it uses bulgur wheat a whole grain with a light nutty taste. I have been enjoying pomegranate lately and figured why not add to tabbouleh it was delicious and I plan to make it again this week, always a good sign. 




Ingredients:

makes 3 servings 
  • one cup of cooked bulgur wheat 
  • 1/2 cup of fresh parsley chopped 
  • 1/2 a pomegranate (seeds removed)
  • one small tomato chopped
  • 1/2 a cucumber chopped
  • salt and pepper to taste 
  • 1/2 a fresh lemon squeezed
  • one teaspoon of olive oil
  • a few mint leaves chopped
  • 1/4 teaspoon of za'atar 
Method:

  1. cook the bulgur wheat as directed I found one that only needed to have hot water added for 30 minutes, sometimes I will make it and keep in the fridge to have on hand to make the salad
  2. simply add all the ingredients to a large bowl and toss 
  3. enjoy it makes a lovely light lunch



and just to make you smile here's a pic Jasmine took of herself with the computer :_) 


Have a great start to the week everyone :-)

Hugs 


Bookmark and Share
Pin It

Comments