Fava Bean Quesadillas



I made these fava bean quesadillas recently using fresh fava beans from the garden. They were pretty easy to grow I planted them in February from seed and they started producing beans in May, my favorite part were the little black and white flowers so pretty. 





They are also a good source of Dietary Fiber, Protein, Phosphorus, Copper and Manganese, and a very good source of Folate.

Ingredients:

  • 10 fava bean pods
  • 1/4 cup grated cheese
  • a handful of arugula
  • 1/4 grilled onion 
Method:
  1. To make this simple and healthy snack or meal, simply grill the fava beans for about 5 minutes each side until charred, remove beans. Add cheese I used a sharp cheddar grated with grilled onions and fava beans and a little arugula and grill for about 3 minutes. 





So happy to be home and back in my kitchen after an amazing trip. 

Have a great weekend all 
hugs 


Bookmark and Share

Comments